Grizzly Industrial - Dont Buy Grizzly Tools

We recently bought nearly $7,000 worth of tools from Grizzly.com for our wood shop in Los Angeles.When we purchased the tools they took the money out of our bank account twice which left us $7,000 in the hole until it was returned 4 days later.

Than when the tools arrived, one of the machines, a 15" Planer worked for 15 minutes than stopped.

I called Grizzly and waited 2 days for a Supervisor to call me back, which never happened. I had to call a machine tech to come look at the machine and diagnose the problem which turned out to be a bad motor. That service cost me $250 out of pocket which Grizzly "does not cover" although every other competitor does especially on a brand new machine .

I called Grizzly back again and after 30 minutes of nearly yelling at the service agent who told me there were none available, finally I was given a Supervisor who told me that they could send me out a new motor, but the cost to install it, another $300 plus would be my responsibility.Than 20 minutes later he called me back and told me they did not have any more of those motors to send and that I would have to send the machine back to Washington State and be refunded, and although they would cover the return shipping, I was responsible for packing the machine as it was shipped and after they looked at it they would decide on a refund.

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 157 Yes 157 1346 No 1346
Had the same issue 193 Yes 193
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 04 #1207891 Jensen Beach, Florida

I don't know why you have had a problem ,I have had very helpful service with grizzly ,I am always nice and try not to get angry stuff happens ,you just need to work through it nicely ,tech support is very good also they walked me through a repair.i also believe you should become very familiar with your machines function, when properly operating a machine you should know everything about it if nothing else it for safety, Matin ace should be the operators job .

Sep 04 #1207887 Jensen Beach, Florida

I have had no problems with the grizzly tools ,they preform very well,you get a nice machine for your money.comparing to other brands I have jet ,powermatic grizzly .happy with all of them I hope you work it out the machine is very smooth once you get them tuned up .

Jan 20 #1098241

The same thing happened to me doubled charged for over a week and although deferent item and problem I too had to send it back and all the hassle that took. They really haven't solved the issue to date!

0 0 Reply

Nov 28, 2015 #1070764

You are buying shop equipment not a car you ***. They have no trade in value by date of manufacture.

0 6 Reply

Jan 06 #1089554

I have bought a table saw, planer, sander drill press from Grizzly without any problems. I realize that things like this happen. You should have NEVER spent out of pocket money without authorization. Another question is. did you have it hooked to the right voltage? I understand your anger about them not getting back to you. I was a screamer also and it never got me anywhere so I stopped it. Overall Grizzly tools are a great product and thousands of cabinet and woodworking companies have them. I like the fact that you can get parts very easily.

4 0 Reply
bonehead

Nov 28, 2015 #1070759 Cookeville, Tennessee

Well if you are not smart enough to figure out a "bad motor" to call a repairmen then you'er probably not smart enough to use it either.

6 1 Reply

Oct 21, 2015 #1052053

I just purchased and received a 3HP dual canister dust collector... in Polar Bear White. Nice looking machine.... Only problem... the machine was manufactured in January... 2012!!! What the heck!!! It's 10/21/2015!!!
Needless to say I called customer service and blew them out big time and am now waiting for the super to call me... It's been 24+ hours... Will update once I have spoken with them.
Dang! Pay for a new machine and get one almost 4 years old!!!

0 3 Reply
jessicayang_88

Nov 03, 2015 #1058119 Henderson, Nevada

Oh, can't believe it's from Grizzly, our dust collectors are made by customers, how can this problem happed!!! Amazing

0 3 Reply

Apr 17 #1145875

LOL, you think companies make stuff the very same year and then sell them right away?
They make a large order of stuff then store them for years until they decide to change the design or they need more, only way you can get them at that price. Dust collector is not a top selling product, they will never be made the same year you buy it.
New Cars are kind of the same way, all the parts might have been sitting for years before being assembled.

Oct 14, 2015 #1048146

I have a Grizzly 20" spiral planner, a 3 hp shaper and both have worked very well. I make my living in the shop and so far everything has went well, even the customer service. I just ordered the Extreme Dovetail Machine. I am looking forward to using it.

May 28, 2015 #989070

You are paying $300 to install a motor on a planer????? And $250 to have a look and say - "Yep, bad motor." Wow, I need to provide service to your shop!

12 0 Reply
happy woodworkerz

Apr 04, 2015 #967873 Corning, New York

I have been dealing with grizzley tools for about 15 years now and I have not had any problems either in service or machine performance. I am very pleased with the grizzley team and the quality of their merchandise. A happy wood worker from n.y.

8 1 Reply

Jul 17, 2015 #1008710

which outlet are you using, that could make all the difference? I am about to purchase and will need to know for future reference. THank You

0 0 Reply
SeeDickRun

Sep 08, 2014 #867645

Learn the difference between "then" and "than".

17 6 Reply
anonymous

Nov 19, 2015 #1066447

that's what someone needs a grammar correction ..who is this
" see *** run " part of the name seems to fit ...

0 2 Reply
bear

Aug 21, 2014 #859551 Tennessee, United States

I have a few of Grizzly tools in my shop and I have had them for a few years and only one problem with a switch but other than that not one problem. They were prompt at sending a replacement and no questions asked. I am very happy with my Grizzly power tools.

6 1 Reply

Jul 29, 2014 #847575

Look at all the deuce bags mad at their equipment cause they realized they still can't make wood fit together

0 9 Reply
54panhead

Sep 04, 2014 #865838

to anonymous:speak of idiots!!! its douche bags

19 2 Reply
aviner44

Feb 11, 2015 #944245 Ottawa, Ontario

54Panhead, With all due respect it is not necessary to ridicule a person making a statement about their spelling and grammar it makes you the bozo this is not a spelling bee but a place to assist others in not making bad choices on merchandise.

9 10 Reply

Mar 14, 2015 #958443 Los Angeles, California

I have to disagree.if you're going to call someone a douche bag you should at least spell it right! Too funny!

15 1

1-20 of 77 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.