I recently purchased a Grizzly lathe and paid for lift gate service to my house outside Seattle, Wa. Was told it would be coming from St. Louis via UPS freight.

* I wanted lift gate because my shop is on a raised foundation and was to be lowered onto my entry porch approx. 2 and 1/2 feet off the ground.

* The UPS driver shows up with a 400 lb. crate on his hand truck, no truck in site. "where's your truck and why didn't you drive in" I asked. He was pissed that I even asked such a question. He said he couldn't bring a 40 ft truck to my house, so thats that, here's your crate, where do you want it?, he said sweating profusely, from traveling some 500 yards with this load. I wanted to know why he didn't call my cell phone [on the bill of lading], so I could have helped him drive in. Mind you I just had a 1000 sq. foot shop built with many very large trucks making deliveries of materials with zero driving issues.

* I told him I can't lift this 400 lb crate onto my loading porch with out the help of his lift gate or forklift. He left the scene with the crate sitting on the ground.

* I then called grizzly to try and have them refund the $35.00 charge for the lift gate.

They said no. I talked to ups, no again. Grizzly supervisors, ups supervisors...no...no and NO Refund.

* I then called back and told Grizzly to come pick up their crate, Issue me a refund and told them I will never buy another anything from them again. To which they replied fine, there will be a 10% RESTOCKING FEE! Fantastic customer service

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments

Duluth, Georgia, United States #1321745

Your problem is UPS Freight, not Grizzly...