I recently purchased a Grizzly lathe and paid for lift gate service to my house outside Seattle, Wa. Was told it would be coming from St. Louis via UPS freight.

* I wanted lift gate because my shop is on a raised foundation and was to be lowered onto my entry porch approx. 2 and 1/2 feet off the ground.

* The UPS driver shows up with a 400 lb. crate on his hand truck, no truck in site. "where's your truck and why didn't you drive in" I asked. He was pissed that I even asked such a question. He said he couldn't bring a 40 ft truck to my house, so thats that, here's your crate, where do you want it?, he said sweating profusely, from traveling some 500 yards with this load. I wanted to know why he didn't call my cell phone [on the bill of lading], so I could have helped him drive in. Mind you I just had a 1000 sq. foot shop built with many very large trucks making deliveries of materials with zero driving issues.

* I told him I can't lift this 400 lb crate onto my loading porch with out the help of his lift gate or forklift. He left the scene with the crate sitting on the ground.

* I then called grizzly to try and have them refund the $35.00 charge for the lift gate.

They said no. I talked to ups, no again. Grizzly supervisors, ups supervisors...no...no and NO Refund.

* I then called back and told Grizzly to come pick up their crate, Issue me a refund and told them I will never buy another anything from them again. To which they replied fine, there will be a 10% RESTOCKING FEE! Fantastic customer service

This person wrote the review because of problem with delivery at Grizzly Industrial. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Grizzly Industrial to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Grizzly Industrial grizzly lathe for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Duluth, Georgia, United States #1321745

Your problem is UPS Freight, not Grizzly...