Grizzly Industrial - *** poor business tactics
I had a item that was prepaid by gift card (grizzly would not charge my card so a gift a gift card was used).While waiting for this item the price went up from $49.95 to $79.95.
So they canceled my order and refunded my gift card to the Credit card it was purchased on. They never told me about this. I saw the item was no longer on backorder and was $30 more. So I called them and got Daniel who hemmed and hawed until he gave up and said I would be called the next day.
He did call the next day and insisted they did not intentionally cancel my order and would let me place it again. EXCEPT that the new $49.95 item bore no resemblance to the original. The original item was not almost twice the price and the new $49 item was not worth ordering. I went to pull up my online invoice to review this issue and they have change my order to show me having this new crappy version.
Very poor form. EXCEPT, I had my original shipping manifest from the base order that showed it was the item that now shows as $80 not $50. So they are trying to cover up their duplicity. It is understandable they don't want to honor a old order at a cheaper price, maybe not moral but understandable.
However, when they start to cover their tracks by changing the invoices to show what they now claim, that is wrong.
I want to be clear, if you get what you ordered yo likely will be happy with it, but they apparently are so close to margin they cannot sell you the same item later if backorder if that item goes up in price.Just say so, don't cover it up and lie.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bait and switch
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I received one of these freshners free with a scentsy order, I put it in my car, but did not hang it up as it would distract my view and..."
- "I originally bought a 4L60e HD package [$1400 + $200 (tc) + $150 (fluid)]. I told them exactly what I had: lifted 4x4 Yukon with headers, intake, cam, & tune...."
- "Dear BBB, Today (4/5/2014) I visited one of your Costco warehouse stores (1320 S. Route 59, Naperville, IL 60564-5944) in the morning around 10am. My primary purpose was to get my..."
- "My husband and I purchased a $600.00 recliner about the last week of August 2016. First week of September the chair looked as if it was purchased 10 years prior...."
- "I have taken many classes on line and I HATE when the teacher chooses PEARSON, every semester is something with this site. This time, I chose to buy an e-text..."
- "I ordered the "Meet your dream" Bouquet/Teddy bear/Chocolates combo from Phoolwala.com. They charged me an extra Rs.400 for delivery charges to that small town. I ordered this bouquet for a..."
- "There is so many things wrong with this fifth wheel bought New 2013, Heartland Silverado 37QB. just to name a few window's leak framework is terrible screws were not..."
- "My mum bought LG Leon H345 at TMobile 82nd St Jackson Heights NY at brand new price. She did not check the phone because she bought it in good faith...."
- " i recently brought those jeans and as you can see they have a rip in them that i did not notice and the would not take them back even..."