I purchased this key less chuck (H8263) for my Bridgeport mill, I wanted to be able to quickly change from end mills to drill bits and back again without removing the chuck. At 11 months my key less chuck locked up wouldn't tighten or loosen, when I called customer service they said the chuck wasn't covered because I used end mills with this product.

No where in the description does it say "Do not use this product with end mills". If I would have known this information up front I would not have purchased this product or at least would not have used end mills in it. I think the product was misrepresented being that it is built for use in a Bridgeport mill but cannot accept end mills.

The product worked great for 11 months with occasional use, the warranty however was useless based on what customer service told me. I just feel that the company should stand by their product better or at least describe what the product is capable of prior to purchasing.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 11, 2016.

Comments

Buffalo, New York, United States #1217753

End mills are not meant to be used in drill chucks. That's your fault.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #1212487

NEVER use endmills in a drill chuck. Drill chucks were NOT designed for taking side loading. Use the proper size collet.

Eureka, California, United States #1184634

A Jacobs chuck is not meant to hold an end mill. Just search Google for "jacobs chuck end mill", it is full of forum threads with people saying not to do it. Jacob's chucks aren't designed to handle side thrust, and the end mill will also slip in the jaws.